The climate in this area is characterized by relatively high temperatures and evenly distributed precipitation throughout the year.
The Big Black Creek Baptist Church was organized in 1820 by Obediah Dodson.
It is on the Estonallie Indian Trail from North Carolina.
It was settled after the 1818 Treaty with the Chickasaw Indians and Andrew Jackson.
The Battle field is four miles behind the Denmark Presbyterian Church, the 30th Illinois camped on the church grounds the night before the battle, and the night of the battle the Southern troops camped on its ground and put their prisoners up stairs in the Masonic Lodge. The church now belongs to The Big Black Creek Historical Association and has been restored, it was built in 1854.
devastating tornado on October 14, 1909 destroyed a good part of the town.
There are two schools in Denmark, Denmark Elementary and Denmark Middle School.
The Battle of Britton's Lane during the American Civil War took place near Denmark.
The town's economy began to decline in the mid- to late 19th century, when it was bypassed by all of the railroads built through Madison County.
By the mid-20th century, the city had ceased to function.
In 1983, the General Assembly passed a statute providing for the forfeiting of the municipal charter of any city with a population under 100, for failure to exercise corporate powers, on or after April 20, 1983; Denmark's charter was forfeited April 28, 1983 by a chancery court order pursuant to this provision.
Denmark was the location of Madison County's West High School, which in 1992 was merged into South Side High School (Jackson, Tennessee) when West High abolished as part of the merger of the Jackson and Madison County school systems.